today’s muffins are MINI muffins and they are amazing! the perfect bite sized muffin to eat with a cup of afternoon tea and a good book!
stuck in another Sunday lockdown here in istanbul, making these muffins were a perfect midday distraction for me and alegra. because they are mini muffins they bake quickly and this super easy recipe can be made in only one bowl- making it ideal for easy cleanup too!
our book reading of the day featured a mouse and a brownie and i enjoyed a chocolatey treat along with the mouse…
easy to make, easy to eat 🙂 and easy to pack as a healthy snack- we hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did!
- 2 batches flax egg–2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbl water
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line 2 mini muffin tins.
- Prepare flax eggs and set aside.
- Mash bananas in the bottom of a large mixing bowl and then add wet ingredients and mix well. Add coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt mix once more.
- Next stir in cocoa powder, gluten-free flour, oats, and almond flour. Our batter was a bit thick so we added a little more almond milk, but don’t worry it will be thicker rather than thinner- perfect for scooping!
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips and then fill up the mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and then cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge, enjoy with a cup of tea and a good book 🐭
**recipe adapted from the always amazing, minimalist baker**
today’s book, If You Give a Mouse a Brownie …