we are home! and as we have been reunited with the muffin tin we are finally back on track with our sunday muffins!!
this week’s muffins are something i have been craving for a long time. summer vegetables are some of my favorites and i just love anything that has zucchini in it!
easy to make and easy to eat, these muffins are the perfect breakfast muffin–I had mine with some sliced tomato, a drizzle of olive oil and some delicious turkish olives… let me know what you pair your muffins with, i always love a good breakfast suggestion!
- 1 cup grated zucchini- strain the excess water and set aside for later
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tbl apple vinegar
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup gluten free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbl finely chopped dill
- ¼ cup cashew cream
- preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a muffin tin with muffin liners
- mix together zucchini water, almond milk, olive oil and apple cider vinegar and set aside
- in a large bowl combine buckwheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- slowly add in wet ingredients and mix until combined
- add cashew cream, zucchini and dill and mix once more
- pour into muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- cool on a cooling rack
- store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature or a week in the fridge- these muffins will freeze well if you want to make an extra batch to enjoy once zucchini season is over!
**recipe adapted from forkful of plants**