this is a healthier take on the classic turkish dish mücver; a type of fritter that is traditionally fried in olive oil and served as a side dish.
two years ago we did a food project where we cooked a new mücver every week using seasonal vegetables and a vegetarian protein- you can find all past recipes here –
making mücver is a great way to incorporate a ton of healthy vegetables and proteins together in an easy to make and easy to eat comfort food based meal…feel free to substitute any of the “haftanın mücveri” recipes using the cooking instructions; or just throw in whatever veggies you have leftover in the fridge.
we baked today’s mücver in the oven, which helps significantly to cut down work time in the kitchen.
the beautiful golden alabaş soup we had today is a friend’s recipe- you can find it in her cookbook içindekiler
- 3 medium sized potatoes-grated
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas-lightly mashed
- 3 large handfuls chopped spinach
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- pour mixture evenly into an ovenproof pan- ours is 25 x 18 cm in size
- cook for approximately 30-35 minutes until middle of fritter is firm to the touch
- serve hot or room temperature- both are delicious!