alegra found this vegan chocolate sorbet recipe and asked if we could make it…
at first i hesitated, worried that it would involve an intricate process of cooking, cooling and freezing. but with all this self-isolating taking a toll on our moods i decided to go ahead and say yes. thank goodness i did! the recipe is super simple, the freezing time is totally reasonable, and the end result was right down my alley- not too sweet and not at all too heavy!
- one can organic coconut milk (be sure to include all the creamy parts too)
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup- add more for sweeter sorbet
- 1/2 package organic blueberries
- blend coconut mill, cocoa and maple syrup in the blender until well combine
- stir in blueberries carefully so as not to crush them
- place in freezer proof container for a minimum of 4 hours
- allow to thaw slightly before serving
any number of add-ons would be delicious with this recipe- shredded coconut for coconut lovers like me, chocolate chips might be good, different berries would work too!