today was an extra active day here at our house…
we read some great books and then everyone wanted to take a turn doing our art activity; there’s nothing like a little painting and printing to start off a long weekend in lockdown!
this activity is super fun and easy and great for all ages. kids as young as 18 months can even give it a try (with a parent’s help, of course)- and even the teenagers in our house had fun with it.
- an old cd or large jar top
- washable liquid paints
- lots of paper
- cover the shiny side of the cd with generous amounts of paint
- we painted large stripes of each color for a more “rainbow like” effect
- flip the cd over and print on the paper
- twist cd on paper to create a swirled effect
- allow to dry thoroughly and then cut out round prints
- use as notecards or gift cards or even fancy to do lists