happy fourth of july!
this year’s celebration is a little different! alegra and i are on the way to the southern turkey where she will attend a sailing camp for 10days. it feels very summery and july-like to be off to sail and i am so proud of her for taking a chance and trying something new!
alara knew we would be leaving first thing today and so she very, very sweetly baked us fourth of july cupcakes for the road! she decorated them in red and blue with white sprinkles in honor of the holiday and i have to say i am pretty impressed 🙂
alara tells me the recipe was super simple and foolproof- we added a bit less maple syrup than usual and she was so smart to add a whole bunch of cinnamon and ginger because she knows i love a little spice!
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday whether you are celebrating or not- send us pictures if you have fireworks and tag us if you try the cupcakes too!
- ½ cup butter
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cups coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- frosting and sprinkles if desired
- preheat 180 degrees celsius , and line your muffin tin
- whisk together butter eggs syrup and vanilla
- next,add flowers baking powder and spices,mix well
- scoop batter into muffin tin and bake for 12-15 minutes
- once tops are golden brown remove from oven and place on cooling rack
- frost and decorate as desired- for a less sugary version decorate with chopped strawberries and blueberries-perfect for the fourth of july!!! 🌟❤️💙
**recipe adapted from toasted peanuts**