so, we came to the boat last weekend…. and despite the many, many post-it reminders that i had set up for myself i completely forgot to pack the muffin tin!
but not to worry, we are still baking- we are just getting a little creative in our definition of “muffin”!
this week our baked goods come to us from the very talented hands of alegra!
she had an evening all on her own at the boat and used some of her downtime to make these delicious gluten free cookies for her gluten free buddy, eva.
these have a bit more sugar than our regular weekend treats, but with all the swimming, sailing, paddle boarding and canoeing that we have been doing late i think they are a perfectly appropriate summer splurge ☀️
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 giant handfuls of gluten free oats
- 2 giant handfuls of chocolate chips (you could also use raisins or cranberries if preferred)
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- mix melted butter and sugars in a medium sized bowl
- add egg and vanilla extract and mix well
- sift together salt, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and oats
- combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well
- add in chocolate chips and mix until just combined
- bake in oven for 15-18 minutes until golden brown
- cool on rack and enjoy with a good book and a glass of homemade lemonade after a long summer swim!