so remember how we are going with the flow and being creative this week because we have no muffin tin?
well, the results have been pretty amazing so far!
alara and alegra were itching to bake something gluten free and delicious for this sunday’s recipe and i was really craving a yummy breakfast treat to go with my morning coffee and here is what we came up with- a completely delicious, completely gluten free almond apricot tart!
i adore fresh apricots and try to eat them as long as they are in season 🌱🌱🌱 we are lucky here in southern turkey because the land is so fertile that finding good fresh fruits and vegetables is always easy.
and so, with a big bag of ripe apricots ready to go, the girls set off on their next baking adventure…
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter- browned and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 6 apricots halved and pitted (you may need more depending on the size of your tart pan)
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- mix together almond flour, gluten free flour, baking powder, salt and ginger
- in a separate bowl whisk together yogurt, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla extract
- combine wet and dry and mix well
- pour batter into greased tart pan and spread evenly with a spatula
- press apricots halves, skin side down, into batter- sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar if desired
- bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- cool completely on a cooling rack and then slice and serve for a great breakfast treat; or with your morning coffee or afternoon tea!
**recipe lovingly adapted from blossoms to stem**