after a whole week of beautiful sunny spring weather, we are actually kind of enjoying a slightly cooler rainy day today.
we knew the weather was going to change so we saved a whole bunch of indoor activities for today… we’re planning on baking, doing some fun and easy art activities, and working on our concert pieces for piano.
here is a super easy art activity that uses household objects… all you need is a big sheet of paper and some different colored paints. there is no right or wrong way to do this; so just gather your materials and have some fun!
- large sheet of white paper
- one paintbrush
- different colored guache or tempera paints
- any objects you would like to use for printing
- paint dishes (paper plates work well)
- choose one color and paint the whole sheet of white paper in that color
- allow the paint to dry slightly
- using different objects and different colors, print shapes all over the paper
- trying to stick to a pattern is fun; or you can just go wild with printing!
- allow all the paint to dry completely
- you can use your printed paper to write postcards or as wrapping paper
send us pictures of your printing-
email email@example.com OR @strongrootswildwings on instagram
we’d love to see it and repost on instagram!