the other day alegra and i made peanut butter cookies and read some great bedtime books on instagram…
live instagram, facetime, houseparty, zoom… these have all be hugely important tools for us during these times of self-isolation and social distancing. honestly, if you had told me two months ago i would be doing at least one live video on instagram every day i would have thought that you had lost your mind!
i am actually terribly shy and really pretty self-conscious too; so the idea of being live daily in front of an audience, even a virtual one, would have been something hard for me to believe.
but i have to say that i am enjoying it immensely. i have reconnected with a lot of old friends and their children, students from my lola days have been hugely supportive, and new followers have found us too!
here is the recipe for the cookies, it is a basic peanut butter cookie recipe that is pretty much foolproof… feel free to add in the chocolate chips at the end like alegra did, or use chunky peanut butter instead of smooth. i am thinking about trying almond butter next time to see how that works- i will keep you posted!
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large organic egg (or 1 flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- optional add ins- chocolate chips, raisins, shredded coconut
- preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- mix all ingredients together- adding in extras if you want
- form dough into small round balls and place on baking sheet
- cook for 5 minutes and make cross shapes using the back of a fork
- cook for another 7-8 minutes depending on how crumbly you like your cookies- (cook shorter for chewier cookies)
- remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes of baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack
serve with milk or tea for a perfect afternoon snack!!